Benefits of PTA
• A multi-level support organization.
• Guidance and resources based on expertise and experience.
• Practical ideas for programs which benefit all students and their families.
• An opportunity to voice consent or concern on behalf of children and youth.
• Leadership development to promote individual development and strengthening of skills.
• Timely information from local, state and federal levels and how we can advocate and influence legislators on behalf of children, families and schools.
• Collective strength with those who share concerns and seek solutions.
PTA IS UNIQUE BECAUSE
• It has not lost its focus for over 100 years – everychild.onevoice.
• It demonstrates how one person can make a difference by working with others within the PTA network.
• It provides extensive training and reflects the professionalism of its volunteers.
• It continues to be highly respected as an advocate in the state and nation for children and youth.
“You should join PTA because PTA membership . . .”
…Benefits your child and benefits our schools. More than 85 rigorous academic research studies conducted over 30 years of research proves that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
…Connects you to a Network. Parenting is not easy – it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
…Means More Informed Parents. Parents involved in PTA understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. They support improving education, both locally and legislatively. By developing a closer relationship with parents, student achievement improves, and the school develops a positive reputation in the community.
…Boosts Children’s Well-being. PTAs focus on what students need to be successful in learning, including nutrition, health, and wellbeing. Whether it is school safety, physical fitness, or healthy breakfasts, PTA works with school administrators to ensure that children are prepared to succeed.
…Gets you Connected and Adds Your Voice to Others. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Regularly scheduled meetings are an opportunity for you to share information with other members. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
…Leverages Volunteer Power. PTA organizes hard-working and dedicated volunteers. Parents are ready and willing to help implement school improvement programs.
…Provides Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students. Resource materials and training opportunities are plentiful in PTA.
…Improves your skills. By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause – for your child and all children in the community.
…Results in School Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events – all vital to a school’s success.
…Makes You a Good Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.